So I’m really excited to say that I’ll be the artist on display at the Japanese Summer Festival this year at Anderson Japanese Gardens in Rockford, IL. I grew up in the Rockford area, and while some of you who haven’t been probably have only heard bad things, I can promise that there are plenty of great things too. Anderson Gardens is one of them. It’s a beautiful Japanese garden complete with a koi pond and a restaurant that really does have good food. It’s an honor to be a part of the event. In addition to me having my artwork on display for viewing and purchasing, I plan on doing a live demo at some point on July 30th so that people can see how it’s done. Plus, there are a great many more things to check out besides me, and all of them sound fucking awesome:
- Ho Etsu Taiko Drum Performance – Japanese drum ensemble
- Candyman Performance – Japanese street performer
- Raku Pottery – Demonstration and displays
- Origami – Hands-on demonstrations of Japanese art of paper folding
- Awi-odori Dance – Traditional Japanese Dance
- Japanese Doll Collection Display
- Koi Whisperer Demonstrations
- Falconry Display – with live falcons
- Bujinkan performances – Traditional Japanese martial arts
- Fukuwari Activity – Traditional Japanese holiday game
So if you’re in Rockford, be sure to come check it out. If you’re not in Rockford, come on down! If you plan on making the drive, I’m happy to inform you of other cool Rockford places to check out while you’re there.
I’m also open to suggestion and wondering what other things I could include in my showing that people would be interested in. Would you want to walk away with a small folded animal, for example, for a small fee? Throw ideas at me.